VLS 15 is a passive column array loudspeaker with a complement of 7 x 3.5” (89 mm) LF transducers mounted in vertical array with an assembly of densely spaced 8 x 1” (25 mm) HF transducers mounted co-axially over a section of the LF (in an intuitively engineered super-imposed chassis).
VLS Series is the first Tannoy product to incorporate FAST™ (Focussed Asymmetrical Shaping Technology) delivering unique acoustic performance benefits including asymmetrical vertical dispersion gently shaping the coverage towards the lower quadrant of the vertical axis. VLS 15 packages this performance in a slender and narrow profile aesthetically refined powder-coated aluminium chassis with curved aluminium grille; ensuring a sleek and ultra-discrete appearance.
VLS 15 is also now an EN-54 compliant loudspeaker – this comes as standard and is not an optional variant. No specific specification is required to meet the requirements of EN-54
The device is IP65 rated for dust and water ingress salt spray and UV resistant and subject to rigorous high/low operational temperature and humidity testing – making VLS 15 suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Mounting is made easy via supplied flying and mounting brackets. Specification and design is aided by the use of Ease Focus v2.0 software a generic intuitive and easy to use three-dimensional acoustic simulation software. The software and relevant tutorials are free to download from the Tannoy website.
Like the other 2 models in the range VLS 15 can be ordered in either black or white as standard with custom RAL finishes available.
• 7 x 3.5 (89 mm) LF driver array 8 x 1 (25 mm) HF driver array
• FAST (Focussed Asymmetrical Shaping Technology) delivers improved intelligibility in typical listening plane and greater flexibility in mounting location
• Asymmetrical vertical dispersion: 6 degrees / -22 degrees (-8 degree bias)
• Highly consistent coverage pattern
• Peak output 120 dB
• IP65 rated for water and dust ingress protection
• EN-54 compliant device
• Easy to install mounting brackets included
• Easily accessible transformer tapping switch
• Available in black or white
• Auditoria / Lecture Theatres
• Ballrooms and convention Centres
• Conference rooms
• Houses Of Worship
• Museums & Galleries
• Performing Arts Spaces
• Transport Hubs
|Dimensions W/O Stand (W x H x D)||121 x 816.5 x 146 mm|