Conceived engineered and built with precision in the United Kingdom VX Series represents the latest evolution of Tannoy’s core philosophies in professional loudspeaker design. VX 12 builds on the foundation of the highly successful and ubiquitous V12 justly renowned worldwide for its exceptional performance and versatility. Now incorporating significant upgrades the successor VX 12 offers a compact yet punchy and sonically vibrant solution for medium-scale live reinforcement as well as for demanding BGM systems in – for example – fashion retail outlets bars and small clubs. The VX 12 has been sonically matched with the wider range of VXP Series models this allows consistency in an installations where there is a mix of products utilised
The VX 12 is built around a single 305 mm (12”) Dual Concentric™ driver mounted within a compact rugged birch plywood cabinet with aesthetically profiled edges and an AirnetTM-backed powder-coated steel grille. The latest high power-handling version of Tannoy’s exclusive point source constant directivity Dual Concentric technology ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. More han 60 years of research into Dual Concentric technology allows this unique configuration to deliver exceptionally smooth beam-width characteristics resulting in an even coverage pattern at all frequencies aiding predictable system design. Symmetrical dispersion characteristics enhance speaker placement flexibility allowing vertical or horizontal mounting of single or multi-cabinet arrays without any compromise in sound quality.
Audio connection is via barrier strip or NL 4MP speakON located on the flush-mounted termination panel. An extensive range of high performance steel mounting hardware custom designed for VX 12 includes a yoke bracket for wall and ceiling location eyebolt location points and a VTH top-hat for pole-mounting. For absolute security and installers’ peace of mind all hardware has been tested and certified to guarantee greater than 5:1 safety ratio.
The VX 12 is available in black or white textured paint finish as standard (with matching grilles) and is also available in custom matched RAL colours as an option. The optional weather protected specification (WP) includes LINE-X cabinet outer-coating internal sealing and treated transducers with perforated Grade 316 stainless steel grilles. All steel hardware is upgraded to Grade 304 stainless steel while all connector panel points are protected by a cover plate and weather-proof cable gland. Additional ordering lead time applies to all non-standard specifications.
• 305 mm (12”) Dual Concentric full-range driver
• Well defined 90 degree dispersion for optimum coverage and forward gain
• Peak output 126 dB SPL @ 1 m recommended amp power 400 W @ 8 ohms
• Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
• Integrip™ handles ergonomically integrated into cabinet
• Pole-mountable for optimum portability
• Exceptional sound and performance in a highly compact cabinet
• Rugged birch plywood enclosure
• Available in black or white textured paint finish – custom colours optional
• Available in weather protected specification (optional)
• Engineered and built in UK
• Theatres Auditoria and Houses of Worship
• Medium scale PA.
• Bars and
• Portable and installed corporate AV
• Theme parks and leisure venues
• Gymnasiums and small/medium sports arenas
|Dimensions W/O Stand (W x H x D)||370 x 486 x 360 mm|